Sunday, February 08, 2009

Yo Hablo Ingles.

Below this blog of our own spat of opinionation is where H-Beam goes to get ideas of morons to sing about:

I'm sure these Nazi's are all for eliminating sign-language as well.

Now, I'm not the biggest fan of our public education system. I find that we leave a little too much out at times when it comes to detail, screwed ourselves with standardized testing, cutting the arts, and we can't seem to stop leaving kids behind. But going waaaaaaay way way back in the old elementary active recall, my memory reminds me that God-fearing, English speaking, wine drinking white people did not spring up from the fertile North American soil like moles at Chuck-e-Cheese. They came, across borders, across continents, from oppressive nations, to kick their feet up on the most comfortable Ottoman owned by their giving and gracious neighboring civilization. I do remember something about a "NATIVE AMERICAN" coming up somewhere in third grade. Now, I personally did not get the chance to meet any original natives, but I read in some school sanctioned book of knowledge that the people cared about family, each other, surviving, giving back. There music was pretty bangin', too. Lots of masks, drums, smoke. Sounds kinda like an H-Beam show. Anywho, as far as I know (even by "Dances With Wolves" standards) most of the Native Indians who resided in America, English was not a first or a second language.

So what happens if some nation decides to come on over and setup shop in our backyard because they can. Do we speak Mandarin now? French? How about those damn cunning Swedes. Will we slap each other with fish all damn day when they are the majority? Here is an idea America (and I mean you, the ignorant ones): Let's be an example for unity, compassion, and chilled-out behavior. Open a book and learn a second language. Hell, I've met quite a few Americans who can hardly read more proficiently than a fifth grader. So let's work on getting our kids more cultured, and not give them the impression that this is only our America (God's white-Englishspeaking-coffeedrinking-Superbowlhaving-modelpuking-gimmethatbackit'smine society). We are a melting pot that has no limits as to who or how many may come to these ever-depleting lands. With so many states and accents, I could hardly understand a Southern drawl when I first moved out here. Spanish is actually a great language in my opinion. It's easier to understand than our fucked-up English system, there aren't three theirs, and quite a few words en espanol actually helped shape the English language. If everybody living in America would take the time to learn some simple greetings or phrases in other "common" languages, I think we'd be better off. I don't want to be lumped into the same group as the "Americans" who put the video together and I try to distance myself from it. English is not the best, and neither is America. Let's stop giving that impression that it is. The rest of the world hates it.

As far as the "number one" song/video in English speaking America goes, the artist couple currently referred to as "Looked What I stepped In, Honey" is as ignorant and lame as the mainstream music industry. They will probably be forgotten about as fast as the ladies awful haircut, bless her heart. If that is what's popular in America, then H-Beam doesn't wanna be. I'm sure the Swedes will understand us.

The next show will be translated into Spanish, Mandarin, Swiss, Panda, Frog, French, and sign-language for your listening/viewing pleasure.



This kid should be the number one video in America:

Signed~MitchHuffman

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home